Appropriate for students over 12
Subject of the experiment
Photochromism, light absorption, fluorescence
Photochromism shows different absorption spectra because of different materials.
- Understanding the theory of light absorption
- Understanding the theory of fluorescence
- Understanding the theory of photochromism
- Validating light absorption, photochromism from the spiropyran molecules
- Understanding the application of photochromism
This experiment is set to promote understanding on concepts of light absorption, fluorescence, and photochromism. By implementing the photochemistry experiments in this plan, students can build a bridge between the application and theory of photochromism.